¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonscientist
1. [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonscientist
Literary usage of Nonscientist
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"Highly interested in chemistry for the nonscientist, and has developed excellent laboratory experiments in synthesis and in stereochemistry, ..."
2. Where No Man Has Gone Before: A History of Apollo Lunar Exploration Missions by William D. Compton (1996)
"Even among the pilots, proficiency in science seemed unimportant: one nonscientist who was regarded as the best geology student on his crew was designated ..."
3. Human Radiation Experiments: Hearing Before the Committee on Governmental by DIANE Publishing Company (1998)
"An IRB is established at the local level and, by regulation, has a minimum of five people, including at least one scientist, one nonscientist, ..."
4. Visualizing Chemistry: The Progress and Promise of Advanced Chemical Imaging by National Research Council (U.S.) (2006)
"For the nonscientist, the report seeks to describe the importance of chemical imaging not only in the chemical sciences but also for practical applications ..."
5. A Strategy for Assessing Science: Behavioral and Social Research on Aging by Irwin Feller, Paul C. Stern (2007)
"... weaken the influence of scientists vis-a-vis agency science managers, or of scientists in general vis-a-vis nonscientist decision makers in government. ..."