2. Noun. Any of various fabriclike materials made from long fibres bonded together by chemical or mechanical processes. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonwoven
1. a fabric not made by weaving [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonwoven Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonwoven
Literary usage of Nonwoven
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Potential Impact on the U. S. Economy and Industries of the GATT Uruguay ...by Mark Estes by Mark Estes (1994)
"and merchandise trade balance, by selected countries, 1991-931 nonwoven and related product«: US exports of domestic merchandise, imports for consumption, ..."
2. Reusability of Facemasks During an Influenza Pandemic: Facing the Flu by Institute of Medicine (U. S.), National Academies Press (U.S.) (2006)
"The second layer is made of nonwoven, liquid-resistant, melt blown, polypropylene material ... The outermost layer (the third ply) is made of nonwoven, ..."
3. Papers and Proceedings of the Surgeon General's Conference on Agricultural edited by Melvin L. Myers (1994)
"I show you this as a baseline for four types of garments: a work shirt, a woven fabric that is a cotton coverall, and two different types of nonwoven ..."
4. Aramid Fiber Formed of Poly-Phenylene Terephthalamide from the Netherlands ...by DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"PPD-T aramid fiber is priced on a per-pound basis except for nonwoven fabric, which is priced on a per-yard basis. PPD-T aramid fiber is generally sold on a ..."