¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nosean
1. a cubic mineral [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nosean
Literary usage of Nosean
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Study of Rocks: An Elementary Text-book of Petrology by Frank Rutley (1888)
"(5) Sodalite, Hauyne, and nosean. (6) Olivine. (7) Hypersthene. (8) Enstatite. (9) Bronzite. (10) Species of the Pyroxene Group. ..."
2. The Study of Rocks: An Elementary Text-book of Petrology by Frank Rutley (1881)
"(5) Sodalite, Hauyne, and nosean. (6) Olivine. (7) Hypersthene. (8) Enstatite. (9) Bronzite. (io) Species of the Pyroxene Group, (n) Species of the ..."
3. Aids in Practical Geology by Grenville Arthur James Cole (1906)
"nosean, in dull-looking or dark altered crystals, is very often present. II. ... Hexagons of nosean, and sometimes nepheline, are frequent accessories. ..."
4. Bulletin by Geological Survey (U.S.) (1905)
"In some places they are changed into a yellowish serpentine substance. In a few cases, especially in the vicinity of nosean, ..."
5. Manual of Lithology: Treating of the Principles of the Science with Special by Edward Higginson Williams (1895)
"Associated with this is a similar compound, except that sodalite replaces nosean, and that zircon is granitic. Gr. 2.57-2.62. ..."
6. Annual Report of the United States Geological Survey to the Secretary of the by Geological Survey (U.S.) (1895)
"nosean and sodalite.—The quantitative analyses of ... this fact one would naturally suppose that the rocks contained both nosean (or hauyne) and sodalite. ..."
7. The American Geologist by Newton Horace Winchell (1893)
"In both porphyritic crystals of sanidine, hauyne and augite are of only occasional occurrence, and in both nosean does not appear in the groundmass. ..."