Definition of Nucifraga columbiana
1. Noun. Nutcracker of the western United States.
Nucifraga Columbiana Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nucifraga Columbiana Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nucifraga Columbiana
Literary usage of Nucifraga columbiana
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Explorations Into the World of Lewis and Clark: 194 Essays from the Pages of by Robert A. Saindon (2003)
"This consummate publication contained 435 plates of 1065 separate subjects, and, since one of them was of Clark's nutcracker (nucifraga columbiana), ..."
2. Catalogue of the Birds in the British Museum by Richard Bowdler Sharpe, British Museum (Natural History). Dept. of Zoology (1877)
"Cashmere, 12000 feet, Dr. Jerdon [PI Purchased. J. Gould, Esq. (Type of Purchased. Oct. 1875. species.) 4. nucifraga columbiana. ... nucifraga columbiana ..."
3. Handbook of Birds of the Western United States: Including the Great Plains by Florence Merriam Bailey (1921)
"nucifraga columbiana (Wits.). NUTCRACKER. Bill cylindrical, nostrils concealed by a tuft of feathers ; wings long and From ..."
4. Western Birds by Harriet Williams Myers (1922)
"Clarke's Nutcracker: nucifraga columbiana. FAMILY—CROWS. IN Northwestern America breeding from Alaska, and southwestern South Dakota (Black Hills), ..."