Definition of Obstetrical delivery
1. Noun. The act of delivering a child.
Generic synonyms: Act, Deed, Human Action, Human Activity
Specialized synonyms: Breech Birth, Breech Delivery, Breech Presentation, Abdominal Delivery, C-section, Caesarean, Caesarean Delivery, Caesarean Section, Caesarian, Caesarian Delivery, Caesarian Section, Cesarean, Cesarean Delivery, Cesarean Section, Cesarian, Cesarian Section, Forceps Delivery, Midwifery
Group relationships: Accouchement, Childbearing, Childbirth, Vaginal Birth
Derivative terms: Deliver
Obstetrical Delivery Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Obstetrical Delivery Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Obstetrical Delivery
Literary usage of Obstetrical delivery
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1913)
"Sudden lowering of intra-abdominal pressure, as by obstetrical delivery. 3. Tapping. VI. Increased Blood Pressure. 1. Local. 2. General. VII. ..."
2. A Handbook of Obstetrical Nursing for Nurses, Students, and Mothers by Anna Martha Fullerton (1891)
"... procedures during the course of a obstetrical delivery may have to be resorted to very suddenly operations. ..."
3. The Medical and Surgical Directory of the State of Iowa (1880)
"... 5 Certificate as family physician on application for insurance 3 OBSTETRICAL. For obstetrical delivery in natural cases 10 to 25 K placental delivery . ..."
4. Proceedings of the Connecticut Medical Society by Connecticut Medical Society (1902)
"... but as there are often conditions present which at the time of the difficult obstetrical delivery may cause necessary delay in operative procedure; ..."
5. Report by Philippines Bureau of Health, Philippines Health Service, Philippines Bureau of Health, 1932-1935 (1908)
"... an out-patient dispensary, pharmacy, general office, operating room, obstetrical delivery room, two dining rooms, kitchen, and store room. ..."