Definition of Off-road
1. Adjective. Designed for, used for, or taking place on a driving surface that is not traditionally paved, such as a beach or rugged terrain ¹
2. Verb. (intransitive) To travel in rugged terrain not on a paved track. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Off-road Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Off-road
Literary usage of Off-road
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Monitoring Bird Populations by Point Counts edited by C. John Ralph, John R. Sauer, Sam Droege (1998)
"Roadside counts generated a bird list that was essentially the same as the list generated from off-road counts within the same vegetation cover type. ..."
2. Adventure Guide to St. Martin & St. Barts by Lynne M. Sullivan (2003)
"Mountain & Off-Road Biking Don't bike along St. Martin's roadways. ... However, off-road biking is terrific. You can rent a bike, pick up maps, ..."
3. Adventure Guide to the Sierra Nevada by Wilbur H. Morrison (2000)
"Off-Road Driving There are two extensive off-highway vehicle areas on the Foresthill Divide, accessible from Foresthill Road. Use Mammoth Bar Road to access ..."
4. Adventure Guide to the Pacific Northwest by Don Young, Marjorie Young (1999)
"Off-Road Driving Southeastern Oregon is a good place to go off-road driving, but it is important to check the road conditions in the area you plan to visit ..."
5. Adventure Guide to Jamaica by Paris Permenter, John Bigley (2005)
"... Tours offers the Dunn's River Falls Bicycle Tour (Monday- Staurday), a downhill bike ride to the falls. Cost is US $49 per person. Off-Road Touring ..."
6. Handbook of Field Methods for Monitoring Landbirds edited by C. John Ralph (1999)
"off-road censuses should be carried out on trails, if possible, ... In an off-road situation, the number of point counts one observer can conduct during a ..."
7. Ecosystem Disturbance and Wildlife Conservation in Western Grasslands: A edited by Deborah M. Finch (1998)
"off-road vehicles The effects of off-road vehicles are becoming an increasing concern in many grassland habitats, especially in drier areas that are near ..."