¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Oligopsonistic
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Oligopsonistic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Oligopsonistic
Literary usage of Oligopsonistic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Time to Act: A Report of the USDA National Commission on Small Farms edited by Harold L. Volkmer (1998)
"... limited number of large-scale farms does not take into account the loss of market competition when production is concentrated in oligopsonistic markets. ..."
2. Pricing Behavior in Philippine Corn Markets: Implications for Market Efficiency by Meyra Sebello Mendoza, Mark W. Rosegrant (1995)
"Because Philippine agricultural commodity markets beyond the farmgate are oligopsonistic (having few buyers), allegations exist that market knowledge is ..."
3. Agricultural Research Policy in Nigeria by Francis Sulemanu Idachaba (1980)
"They are not likely to be enthusiastic about research to raise output in crops with fragmented markets and collusive, oligopsonistic pricing systems. ..."
4. OECD Economic Surveys: Turkey by Oecd (2006)
"... the highly concentrated (monopsonistic or oligopsonistic) commercial purchasers, with a fall in market prices and alleged increases in trade margins. ..."
5. Bridging Regional Growth and Community Empowerment edited by Michael A. Stegman, William J. Benfanti, John P. Ross (1996)
"Such oligopolistic or oligopsonistic behavior is explored by Appold (1991). 7. The industries are: nonferrous foundries (SIC 336); cutlery, hand tools, ..."