Definition of On request
1. Adverb. On the occasion of a request. "Advice was free for the asking"
On Request Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: On Request Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of On Request
Literary usage of On request
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Law of Pleading and Evidence in Civil Actions: Arranged Alphabetically by John Simcoe Saunders (1844)
"It is a general rule, that where a mere duty or sum of money, which the deft. is in duty bound to pay, is promised to be performed or paid on request, ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1885)
"... as evidence of mon- <:r paid by plaintiff to the use of defendant, to be repaid on request, and that the court erred in rejecting any part of it. ..."
3. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1912)
"We think the court, on request, should have instructed the Jury that there was no allegation of negligence as to the manner in which the train was run other ..."
4. A Treatise on Pleading, and Parties to Actions, with Second and Third by Joseph Chitty, Henry Greening, John A. Dunlap, Edward Duncan Ingraham, Jonathan Cogswell Perkins (1872)
"227, 259 ; 2 Salk. 685, осе. ; sed vide Сто. (/) 3 Bulst. 2!>7. Eliz. 548, and id. 721, case of .in annuity payable on request ; and in Gibbs г. ..."
5. The Law of Pleading and Evidence in Civil Actions, Arranged Alphabetically by John Simcoe Saunders (1831)
"On the other hand, in an action for not marrying on request, plt. should ... So, on a contract to deliver up a bond to be cancelled on request, 3 Bulst. ..."
6. Chitty's Treatise on Pleading and Parties to Actions: With a Second Volume by Joseph Chitty, Henry Greening, Jonathan Cogswell Perkins (1876)
"585, SC occ.; serf vide Capp v. Lancaster, Cro. Eliz. 548 ; Thomson v. Butler, Cro. Eliz. 721, case of an annuity payable on request; and in Gibbs v. ..."
7. A Treatise on the Civil Jurisdiction of Justices of the Peace in the State by Esek Cowen, Sidney Joseph Cowen (1841)
"The following seems to be the distinction in such cases: Where I am bound, or engage, in any way to pay money on demand, or on request, there an actual ..."
8. The Law-dictionary, Explaining the Rise, Progress, and Present State of the ...by Thomas Edlyne Tomlins, Thomas Colpitts Granger by Thomas Edlyne Tomlins, Thomas Colpitts Granger (1835)
"A man promises to re-deliver, on request, such goods as were delivered to him ; if an ... If a promise is made to pay money to the plaintiff on request, ..."