Definition of One-millionth
1. Noun. One part in a million equal parts.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: One-millionth Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of One-millionth
Literary usage of One-millionth
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1892)
"One millionth of a. horsepower would maintain a fork in ordinary vibration, and one tenth would enable it to be heard 300 feet. ..."
2. The Annual of Scientific Discovery, Or, Year-book of Facts in Science and Art. by David Ames Wells, George Bliss, Samuel Kneeland, John Trowbridge, Wm Ripley Nichols, Charles R Cross (1871)
"If it were possible to make a section one-millionth part of an inch in thickness these cells would be seen." — Druggists' Circular. ..."
3. The Annual of Scientific Discovery, Or, Year-book of Facts in Science and Art by David Ames Wells, Charles Robert Cross, John Trowbridge, Samuel Kneeland, George Bliss (1852)
"Each division on the micrometer represented the one millionth part of an inch, and each time the micrometer was moved only one division forward the ..."
4. On Poisons in Relation to Medical Jurisprudence and Medicine by Alfred Swaine Taylor (1859)
"It was stated at that trial, that the one-millionth part of a grain of arsenic might be rendered visible by Marsh's test ; and the judge, guided by this ..."
5. The Microscope: An Introduction to Microscopic Methods and to Histology by Simon Henry Gage (1920)
"Since the definite meaning for micro, as one millionth of the unit before which it is placed, has been decided on by metrologists, micro-millimeter should ..."