Definition of Open-end credit
1. Noun. A consumer credit line that can be used up to a certain limit or paid down at any time.
Generic synonyms: Consumer Credit
Specialized synonyms: Charge Account, Credit Account, Open Account, Charge Card, Charge Plate, Credit Card, Plastic, Debit Card, Smart Card, Check Overdraft Credit, Overdraft Credit
Lexicographical Neighbors of Open-end Credit
Literary usage of Open-end credit
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Problems Surrounding the Mortgage Origination Process: Congressional Hearing edited by Lauch Faircloth, Connie Mack (2000)
"When the current TILA rules for open end credit secured by the home were being designed, both the fluid nature of the product and the state of technology as ..."
2. Personal Finance by Robert S. Rosefsky (2001)
"open-end credit In the typical installment loan, the borrower receives a lump sum of money and pays ... In open-end credit, that's not necessarily the case. ..."
3. Regulatory Burden: Some Agencies’ Claims Regarding Lack of Rulemaking by Curtis Copeland (1999)
"For example, 12 CFR 226.5(b)(l) and (2) state that for open-end credit, the creditor must furnish initial disclosures before the first transaction is made ..."
4. OECD Economics Glossary: English-French = Glossaire de L'économie de L'OCDE by Oecd (2006)
"... uV officially-supported export credit crédit à l'exportation bénéficiant d'un soutien public [BAN,COM] open-end Credit crédit permanent (renouvelable) ..."