Definition of Opencast mining
1. Noun. The mining of ore or coal from an open mine.
Opencast Mining Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Opencast Mining Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Opencast Mining
Literary usage of Opencast mining
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin by Institution of Mining and Metallurgy (1904)
"The Geology and opencast mining of the Jurassic Ironstones of Great Britain. By W. DAVID EVANS, Associate. Notes on the Estimation of Tonnage and Grade of ..."
2. Coal in the Energy Supply of India by IEA Coal Industry Advisory Board (2002)
"Performance Productivity Productivity in Indian coal mining has improved in recent years because of the growing share of opencast mining, as shown in Figure ..."
3. World Energy Investment Outlook: 2003 Insights by International Energy Agency (2003)
"opencast mining has expanded rapidly in the past twenty years, as more advanced ... The primary advantage of opencast mining is its scale and productivity. ..."
4. The Mineral Industry by Richard Pennefather Rothwell (1912)
"The alluvial deposits are worked by opencast mining, by underground ... Thr most suitable lands for opencast mining are broad flats in which the hcd^ of ..."
5. China Joins the World: Progress and Prospects by Elizabeth Economy, Michel Oksenberg (1999)
"The country also has lagged in the development of large-scale equipment necessary for efficient opencast mining, and this has been a priority area for ..."
6. The Klondike Stampede by Tappan Adney, Edwin Tappan Adney (1899)
""The ' summer work ' consists in opening pits or cuts (opencast mining) and sluicing the gravel. ******* " That all of the deposits between moss and the ..."
7. Energy Policies of IEA Countries: New Zealand 2006 Review by International Energy Agency (2006)
"An additional 600 people work under contract at its opencast mining or related operations. In 2005, the company had an operating revenue of NZD 400 million. ..."
8. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1915)
"The dry climate and mild winters are favorable to opencast mining in Arizona. Longitudinal Section. Cross-Section AA. FIG. 1. ..."