Definition of Order haemosporidia
1. Noun. An order in the subclass Telosporidia.
Generic synonyms: Animal Order
Group relationships: Subclass Telosporidia, Telosporidia
Member holonyms: Haemosporidian, Family Plasmodiidae, Plasmodiidae, Family Haemoproteidae, Haemoproteidae, Babesiidae, Family Babesiidae
Order Haemosporidia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Order Haemosporidia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Order Haemosporidia
Literary usage of Order haemosporidia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise on Zoology by Edwin Ray Lankester (1903)
"... equivalent in extent to the whole sub-order Haemosporidia sensu stricto, and comprising the genera ..."
2. Pathogenic Micro-organisms: Including Bacteria and Protozoa; a Practical by William Hallock Park, Anna Wessels Williams (1910)
"They are classed as sporozoa, order haemosporidia, and are considered by the majority of observers as forming one genus, ..."
3. The Estivo-autumnal (remittent) Malarial Fevers by Charles Franklin Craig (1901)
"Kruse considers the Sporozoa as divided into six orders, the blood parasites belonging to the order Haemosporidia. ..."
4. The Principles of Hygiene: A Practical Manual for Students, Physicians, and by David Hendricks Bergey (1918)
"... cholera, and bacillary dysentery are contracted. ' ' The Plasmodium of Malaria.—The plasmodium of malaria belongs in the order Haemosporidia, class Spo- ..."