Definition of Order of payment
1. Noun. A document ordering the payment of money; drawn by one person or bank on another.
Generic synonyms: Negotiable Instrument
Specialized synonyms: Overdraft, Foreign Bill, Foreign Draft, Inland Bill, Redraft, Trade Acceptance, Bank Draft, Banker's Draft, Dividend Warrant, Money Order, Postal Order, Acceptance, Banker's Acceptance, Bank Check, Check, Cheque, Sight Bill, Sight Draft, Time Bill, Time Draft
Order Of Payment Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Order Of Payment Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Order Of Payment
Literary usage of Order of payment
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Commentaries on the Law of Municipal Corporations by John Forrest Dillon (1911)
"Order of Payment.— It is within the power of the legislature to prescribe the order of payment of warrants, — eg, that they be paid in the order of issuance ..."
2. The Law of Wills by Isaac Fletcher Redfield (1877)
"order of payment of legacies. 19. If the executor pay debts out of his own money, he may reimburse himself out of any assets in his hands legally applicable ..."
3. The Law and Practice in Bankruptcy Under the National Bankruptcy Act of 1898 by William Miller Collier, William Horace Hotchkiss, Frank Bixby Gilbert, Fred Eugene Rosbrook (1921)
"The words "order of payment" clearly indicate that, after taxes, priority debts must be paid in the order indicated in subsection b. ..."
4. A Treatise on the Law of Corporate Bonds and Mortgages: Being the 3d Edition by Leonard Augustus Jones (1907)
"Order of Payment of Coupons. § 247. Payment of coupons should be made in the order in which they fall ..."
5. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1905)
"The debt In question was made by the last decree, sixth In order of payment, and these six liens amounted, in the aggregate, ..."
6. Conflict of Laws, Or, Private International Law by Raleigh Colston Minor (1901)
"... is made there to hold him answerable, he will at least be accountable therefor in the State of his appointment.4 § 110. Order of Payment of Decedent's ..."
7. Institutes of Common and Statute Law by John Barbee Minor (1877)
"The Order of Payment of Mortgages; WC 1°. The General Doctrine as to the Order of Payment. Mortgages or other incumbrances are generally to be discharged ..."