Definition of Ostracised
1. Adjective. (alternative spelling of ostracized) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Ostracised
1. ostracise [v] - See also: ostracise
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ostracised Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ostracised
Literary usage of Ostracised
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Efficient Democracy by William Harvey Allen (1908)
"n Statistics ostracised To retrieve a fallen reputation is more difficult than to build ... ostracised and distrusted, it does not and should not "belong. ..."
2. Efficient Democracy by William Harvey Allen (1907)
"II Statistics ostracised To retrieve a fallen reputation is more difficult than to build ... ostracised and distrusted, it does not and should not "belong. ..."
3. A History of Greece: From the Earliest Times to the Roman Conquest : with by William Smith, George Washington Greene (1863)
"He is ostracised. §11. Pausanias convicted of Median. §12. Themistocles implicated in his guilt. He escapes into Asia. §13. He is magnificently received by ..."
4. Following the Color Line: An Account of Negro Citizenship in the American by Ray Stannard Baker (1908)
"... CHAPTER X AN ostracised RACE IN FERMENT THE CONFLICT OF NEGRO PARTIES AND NEGRO LEADERS OVER METHODS OF DEALING WITH THEIR OWN PROBLEM ONE of the things ..."
5. Thirty Years of Labor. 1859-1889: In which the History of the Attempts to by Terence Vincent Powderly (1889)
"... ignored and set aside by those who are its public advocates— The negro not ostracised alone—The negro making energetic struggles to gain an education. ..."
6. Athens, Its Rise and Fall: With Views of the Literature, Philosophy, and by Edward Bulwer Lytton Lytton (1843)
"... of the bones of Theseus — declining power of Themistocles — democratic change in the constitution — Themistocles ostracised — death of Aristides. ..."
7. Athens, Its Rise and Fall: With Views of the Literature, Philosophy, and by Edward Bulwer Lytton Lytton (1852)
"-*-Aristides is ostracised,—The Ostracism examined.—The Influence of Themistocles increases.—The Silver-mines of Laurion.— Their Product applied by ..."
8. Leaven for Doughfaces, Or, Threescore and Ten Parables Touching Slavery by Darius Lyman (1856)
"The Alien who would ostracise the native Colored Man, should not be surprised to find himself ostracised by the native White. A NATURALIZED citizen about to ..."