Definition of Otto neumann sverdrup
1. Noun. Norwegian explorer who led expeditions into the Arctic (1855-1930).
Otto Neumann Sverdrup Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Otto Neumann Sverdrup Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Otto Neumann Sverdrup
Literary usage of Otto neumann sverdrup
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Great White North: The Story of Polar Exploration from the Earliest by Helen Saunders Wright (1910)
"... which all loyally worked under their chief. Without such harmonious work, success was not possible." The Norwegian, otto neumann sverdrup, was born in ..."
2. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1911)
"... while he paid from his private means the greater part of the expenses of the expedition. As companions Nansen had otto neumann sverdrup ID. ..."
3. Farthest North; Being the Record of a Voyage of Exploration of the Ship by Fridtjof Nansen (1897)
"The following is a list of the members of the expedition : otto neumann sverdrup, commander of the Frain, ..."
4. Statutes of the United States of America Passed at the ... Session of the by United States (1912)
"Whereas otto neumann sverdrup, a subject of the King of Norway, Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United Mto Neumann sver- ..."
5. Verhandlungen der Gesellschaft für Erdkunde zu Berlin by Gesellschaft für Erdkunde zu Berlin (1898)
"... Dr. Fritz Sarasin in Basel; Dr. Paul Sarasin in Basel; otto neumann sverdrup, Kapitän in Kristiania; Dr. Eduard Freiherr von Toll in St. Petersburg. ..."