¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Ouabain
1. a cardiac stimulant [n -S]
Medical Definition of Ouabain
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ouabain
otto of rose
ouabain (current term)
Literary usage of Ouabain
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. International Medical and Surgical Surveyby American Institute of Medicine by American Institute of Medicine (1922)
"Subcutaneously, ouabain is 1.5 times as toxic as crystallized stro- ... It is difficult to compare the toxicity of ouabain and that of strophanthin Kombe. ..."
2. A Manual of Pharmacology and Its Applications to Therapeutics and Toxicology by Torald Hermann Sollmann (1922)
"the reaction is completed with i: 10000 of ouabain (Hatcher and Brody, 1910). ... 13-0.17 ouabain o. i Macht and Colson, 1917, state that the Hatcher method ..."
3. Commercial Organic Analysis: A Treatise on the Properties, Proximate by Alfred Henry Allen, Henry Leffmann (1896)
"ouabain is almost insoluble in cold water, but dissolves readily on boiling, ... ouabain dissolves readily in aqueous alcohol, but is almost insoluble in ..."
4. Commercial Organic Analysis: A Treatise on the Properties, Proximate by Alfred Henry Allen (1896)
"ouabain forms slender transparent needles, having a characteristic ... ouabain is almost insoluble in cold water, but dissolves readily on boiling, ..."
5. The Pharmacopoeia of the United States of America: (The United States by United States Pharmacopoeial Convention (1820)
"The necessary strength of ^ unknown preparation may be calculated from the dose actually found by the ratio the standard dose of ouabain to the dose of ..."
6. The Chemistry and Analysis of Drugs and Medicines by Henry Corbin Fuller (1920)
"If, therefore, in a certain series of frogs the resistance to ouabain is found to ... Standard dose of ouabain 0.0000005 Digitalis: Leaves fin the form of ..."
7. Proceedings of the American Pharmaceutical Association at the Annual Meeting by American Pharmaceutical Association, National Pharmaceutical Convention (1910)
"crystalline ouabain does, hence the interval that occurs between the injection of the minimal fatal dose and the death of the animal is longer with ..."