¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Ovately
1. ovate [adv] - See also: ovate
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ovately Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ovately
Literary usage of Ovately
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The British Flower Garden: Containing Coloured Figures and Descriptions of ...by Robert Sweet by Robert Sweet (1838)
"Petals 5, ovately lanceolate, acute, keeled at the back, three-nerved, tapering to the base in a long slender claw. ..."
2. American Journal of Conchology by George Washington Tryon, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia Conchological Section (1867)
"ovately cylindrical, apex obtuse; whorls 6, well rounded, ... ovately fusiform, apex subacute; whorls 5, moderately rounded, with impressed suture; ..."
3. Proceedings of the Committee of Science and Correspondence of the Zoological by Zoological Society of London Committee of Science and Correspondence, Committee of Science and Correspondence, Zoological Society of London (1850)
"Shell ovately trigonal, variegated with brown, longitudinally strongly striated ... Shell ovately oblong, rather smooth, longitudinally very finely rugose, ..."
4. Cistinae: The Natural Order of Cistus, Or Rock-rose; Illustrated by Coloured by Robert Sweet (1830)
"... ovately oblong, somewhat pointed, margins revolute, underneath clothed with a white tomentum, the upper side of a bluish green, ..."
5. Thesaurus conchyliorum, or Monographs of genera of shells by George Brettingham Sowerby (1855)
"Shell ovately oblong, opake, solid, pale reddish, variegated with ... Shell ovately globose, inflated, solid, opake, variegated with blood-red spots ..."
6. Proceedings of the Horticultural Society of London by Horticultural Society of London (1861)
"A. HENDERSON & Co., Edgware Road, contributed among others the following:—Caladium Neumann!; leaves ovately arrow-shaped, dark green with numerous angular ..."