Definition of Overdrew
1. Verb. (simple past of overdraw) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Overdrew
1. overdraw [v] - See also: overdraw
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Overdrew Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Overdrew
Literary usage of Overdrew
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1903)
"There was enough in the evidence to show that if HT Huggins left profits in the business, and neither party overdrew, there would be no interest due to ..."
2. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of Chancery of the State by Alonzo Christopher Paige, New York (State). Court of Chancery (1863)
"The defend- Tradesman's ant overdrew the banks of the complainants in the ordinary ^°k course of business, with their consent; and their only rem- ..."
3. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of Chancery of the State by New York (State). Court of Chancery, New York (State), Court of Chancery (1854)
"The defend- Tradesman's ant overdrew the banks of the complainants in the ordinary Bank course of business, with their consent; and their only rem- Merritt. ..."
4. The Ontario Reports: Containing Reports of Cases Decided in the Queen's by Ontario High Court of Justice, Ontario, High Court of Justice (1885)
"... of the plaintiffs' bank and while he remained cashier overdrew his ordinary private account current with the plaintiffs to the amount of ..."
5. The Dickens Circle: A Narrative of the Novelist's Friendships by James William Thomas Ley (1919)
"... it shows that this young man continually overdrew his account. ... and if, as it more than once happened, I overdrew my account—I did so on one occasion ..."
6. Massachusetts Reports: Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Judicial by Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (1864)
"In order to show that the defendant overdrew with a fraudulent intent, it was proved, amongst other things, that he overdrew, about the same time, ..."
7. Handbook of the Law of Private Corporations by William Lawrence Clark, Isaac Maurice Wormser (1916)
"... though there is no bad faith.19 In a Virginia case it appeared that the president of a savings bank misappropriated its funds and overdrew his accounts, ..."