¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Ovicidal
1. ovicide [adj] - See also: ovicide
Medical Definition of Ovicidal
1. Causing death of the ovum. Origin: ovi-+ L. Caedo, to kill (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ovicidal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ovicidal
Literary usage of Ovicidal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Essays in Ecclesiastical Biography by James Stephen (1907)
"... when the saint was sick;—that Jacoba was aroused to her devotions by her lamb with severe punctuality;—that an ovicidal wolf, being rebuked by this ..."
2. Nether Lochaber: The Natural History, Legends, and Folk-lore of the West by Alexander Stewart (1883)
"... grieved we were for his death, his ovicidal tendencies notwithstanding. His upper jaw, showing a development of dentition of which a Bengal tiger need ..."
3. DNA Fingerprinting and Plants (Including Pathogens): Sponsored CRIS/ICAR by Andrew Kalinski (1994)
"These functions may include ovicidal effects on young of other females, time and energy savings during egg-laying, or social interactions among larvae of ..."