Definition of Ozeki
1. Noun. (sumo) the rank of sumo wrestler below yokozuna and above sekiwake; a champion ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Ozeki
1. a champion sumo wrestler [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ozeki Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ozeki
ozeki (current term)
Literary usage of Ozeki
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Natural Gas Technologies: Energy Security, Environment, and Economic Development by International Energy Agency (1994)
"... Ken Darrow, Satoru ozeki Energy International, Inc. Natural gas driven cooling and dehumidification technologies are making an increasing impact on ..."
2. Catalogue of Japanese Printed Books and Manuscripts in the Library of the by Robert Kennaway Douglas (1898)
"On the cultivation of the vine." 2 maki. Tedo, 1879. 8°. ^ Ш Œ 3ß ozeki ... 'и ozeki ..."
3. Japan 1853-1864, Or, Genji Yume Monogatari by Baba Bunyel, Ernest Mason Satow (1905)
"ozeki, Mori, Sugiyama, Hasuda and Moriyama delivered themselves up at the 'yashiki of 'one of the Ministers, and were afterwards executed. ..."
4. The Fighting Man of Japan: The Training and Exercises of the Samurai by F. J. Norman (1905)
"In the first rank of the sumotori stand the ozeki, ... Should an ozeki prove himself superior to all his rivals of the same rank he is promoted to ..."
5. The Official Directory of the World's Columbian Exposition, May 1st to by Moses Purnell Handy (1893)
"Teijiro ozeki, Kanagawa. Carved metal work. ... Teijiro ozeki, Kanagawa. Gold and silver ware. 604 988. ..."
6. Japan: Travels and Researches Undertaken at the Cost of the Prussian Government by Johann Justus Rein (1884)
"... (ozeki, 18000 koku), 2300 inhabitants; to the west of it: Mibu (Torii, 30000 koku), 4000 inhabitants; Ashikaga (Toda, 11000 koku), 2000 inhabitants, ..."