Definition of Padles
1. padle [n] - See also: padle
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Padles Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Padles
padles (current term)
Literary usage of Padles
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Papers of Sir William Johnson by William Johnson (1921)
"9.. 12.. painting Acct 1 . . 5. . 4 oars 0. .12.. 3 Large setting padles Irond —.. 7..6.. 6 setting Poles with Iron —..10. .6. ..."
2. Collections by Minisink Valley Historical Society, Connecticut Historical Society (1899)
"I am this minute going to ye boats to see y* they shall be done this day if possable. We have gotten many padles made for ye shallops, and believe shall ..."
3. Collections of the Massachusetts Historical Society by Massachusetts Historical Society (1899)
"We have gotten many padles made for ye shallops, and believe shall have enough this day, and hope y' ye shallops will carry 300 men. ..."
4. The Magazine of History with Notes and Queries (1917)
"... we found also some Sheet Lead and Pump Leather, which proved of use; we fix'da short Mast and square sail, with seven padles to row ..."