¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Paillard
1. a slice of meat pounded thin and grilled [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Paillard
paillard (current term)
pain and suffering
pain au chocolat
Literary usage of Paillard
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Chambers's encyclopædia by Chambers W. and R., ltd (1874)
"UM-UM). by some of his stadi et Pratique de* Stem* by paillard and Marx (2" Tola. Par. ISM). ... paillard ..."
2. The Medico-chirurgical Review by James Johnson, Henry James Johnson (1828)
"In a recent Numher of the Journal de Progres, Dr. paillard has drawn the attention of his ... paillard ..."
3. New York's Great Industries: Exchange and Commercial Review, Embracing Also by Richard Edwards (1884)
"MJ paillard & Co. serves as a prominent type, that those desired results have been attained. This house was originally founded by the late Mr. MJ paillard, ..."
4. Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians: Being the Sixth Volume of the by George Grove, Waldo Selden Pratt, Charles Newell Boyd (1920)
"The New York house was established in 1850 by MJ paillard, a grandson of the original founder, at first as paillard & Martin. Its business was greatly ..."