Definition of Palinuridae
1. Noun. Spiny lobsters.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Family
Group relationships: Decapoda, Order Decapoda
Member holonyms: Genus Palinurus, Palinurus
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Palinuridae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Palinuridae
Literary usage of Palinuridae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Scientific Memoirs of Thomas Henry Huxley by Thomas Henry Huxley, Michael Foster (1902)
"It is worthy of notice that the Parastacidae agree with the palinuridae and ... except the palinuridae and ..."
2. Report by British Association for the Advancement of Science (1879)
"i- palinuridae, and the same in which ... this new genus must take /- place, between the Astacidae and palinuridae. It will be desirable that we should ..."
3. A Manual of the Common Invertebrate Animals: Exclusive of Insects by Henry Sherring Pratt (1916)
"... the central part of the country, especially in large rivers and lakes. FAMILY 3. palinuridae. Spiny lobsters. Body of large size; antennal scale absent; ..."
4. A Manual of Zoology by Richard Hertwig (1902)
"In the female the first pair is reduced, but in the male except in palinuridae this pair is well developed, curiously modified, and serves as a copulatory ..."
5. A Manual of Zoology by Richard Hertwig (1902)
"In the female the first pair is reduced, but in the male except in palinuridae this pair is well developed, curiously modified, and serves as ..."