Definition of Paliurus spina-christi
1. Noun. Thorny Eurasian shrub with dry woody winged fruit.
Generic synonyms: Bush, Shrub
Group relationships: Genus Paliurus, Paliurus
Paliurus Spina-christi Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Paliurus Spina-christi Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Paliurus Spina-christi
Literary usage of Paliurus spina-christi
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin by United States Bureau of Plant Industry, Division of Plant Industry, Queensland (1910)
"... mentioned is paliurus spina-christi. This is a bush 10 to 13 fee high. It does not extend so far south as the two preceding species but thrives on the ..."
2. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1917)
"Paliurus Spina-Christi. ... This species is supposed by some to have- furnished Christ's crown of thorns; see also Paliurus Spina-Christi. ..."
3. Cyclopedia of American Horticulture: Comprising Suggestions for Cultivation by Liberty Hyde Bailey, Wilhelm Miller (1902)
"This spn-ies is supposed by noun' to have furnished Christ's crown of thorns; see also Paliurus Spina-Christi. z. ..."
4. Select Extra-tropical Plants, Readily Eligible for Industrial Culture Or by Ferdinand von Mueller (1891)
"Paliurus Spina Christi, Miller. (P. aculeatus, Lambert.) The Christ-Thorn. From the Mediterranean Sea to Nepal. A deciduous bush or finally tree, ..."