Definition of Palm kernel
1. Noun. Seed of any oil palm.
Palm Kernel Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Palm Kernel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Palm Kernel
Literary usage of Palm kernel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Chemical Technology and Analysis of Oils, Fats, and Waxes by Julius Lewkowitsch (1904)
"Physical and Chemical Constants of Maripa Fat Physical and Chemical Constants of the Mixed Fatty Acids (f) palm kernel OIL, PALM NUT OIL French—Huik de ..."
2. Allen's Commercial Organic Analysis: A Treatise on the Properties, Modes of by Alfred Henry Allen (1917)
"(2) On examining the values obtained for coconut and palm kernel oils, it is seen that the Polenske value is practically independent of the amount of butter ..."
3. Treatise on Applied Analytical Chemistry by Vittorio Villavecchia (1918)
"PALM-KERNEL OIL From the seeds of the oil-palm (Elaeis guineensis and E. ... In palm-kernel oil for industrial purposes up to i% of moisture and extraneous ..."
4. A Dictionary of Applied Chemistry by Thomas Edward Thorpe (1921)
"The two most important fats are coco-nut oil and palm-kernel oil. ... palm kernel OIL). Coco-nul oil is the fat obtained from the kernels of the coco-nut, ..."
5. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1893)
"Cocoanut oil, containing palm kernel oil, precipitates when the proportion of the ... The verification of palm kernel oil is made in the same manner, ..."
6. Vegetable Fats and Oils: Their Practical Preparation, Purification by Louis Edgar Andés, Charles Salter (1902)
"PALM-KERNEL OIL, PALM-NUT OIL, PALM-SEED OIL. (Palmkernöl ; huile de pépin de Palme.) Raw material.—palm kernels, the seed albumen of Elaeis ..."
7. A Practical Treatise on Animal and Vegetable Fats and Oils: Comprising Both by William Theodore Brannt, Karl Schaedler (1896)
"The manufacture of palm-kernel oil is now carried on in many places according ... Of late years the importation of palm-kernel has increased to an enormous ..."
8. Trade Pessimism and Regionalism in African Countries: The Case of Groundnut by Ousmane Badiane, Sambouh Kinteh (1994)
"The largest AGC exporters are Nigeria (for all palm kernel products), Senegal (for groundnut oil and cake), and Sudan (for nonprocessed groundnuts). ..."