Definition of Palmers
1. Noun. (plural of palmer) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Palmers
1. palmer [n] - See also: palmer
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Palmers Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Palmers
Literary usage of Palmers
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Frank Forester's Fish and Fishing of the United States and British Provinces by Henry William Herbert (1859)
"Unfortunately this is not the season for palmers or ... palmers. No. 1. THE RED PALMER.—Body—Peacock's harl, with red cock's hackle wound over it, ..."
2. Miscellanea Genealogica Et Heraldica by Joseph Jackson Howard (1868)
"... of The palmers of Sussex are acknowledged by the whole County one of their antient Families before ye Conquest though the name came from the holy war ..."
3. Bishop Percy's Folio Manuscript: Ballads and Romances by Thomas Percy (1867)
"Sayes John, if I must a begging go, I will have a palmers weed, With a staff and a Coat, and bags of all sort, The bettor that fI shall speed. ..."
4. The Bath Stage: A History of Dramatic Representations in Bath by Belville S. Penley (1892)
"O no one so much as to the palmers, father and son, is Bath indebted for the brilliant position which its Theatre has occupied in the history of the English ..."
5. The Jamaica Movement: For Promoting the Enforcement of the Slave-trade by David Turnbull (1850)
"... Mr. Turnbull to Viscount palmers ton. London, March 13, 1840. MY LORD,—In consequence of Lord ..."
6. Diary of George Mifflin Dallas: While United States Minister to Russia 1837 by George Mifflin Dallas (1892)
"WINDSOR CASTLE. AT BREAKFAST, 19 Nov. 1860. Lord palmers/on.—They say in some of the French provinces, " Quand un homme a le malheur de se marier, ..."
7. Cobbett's Complete Collection of State Trials and Proceedings for High ...by William Cobbett, David Jardine by William Cobbett, David Jardine (1820)
"They were afterwards executed at palmers- town. 004. Proceedings on the Trial of ROBERT EMMET, Esq. for High Treason ; before the Court holden under a ..."