Definition of Parainfluenza virus
1. Noun. A virus that causes upper respiratory infection (including the common cold and bronchiolitis); most often in children.
Medical Definition of Parainfluenza virus
Parainfluenza Virus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Parainfluenza Virus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Parainfluenza Virus
Literary usage of Parainfluenza virus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"1) Several years ago we compared the protective effect of (i) experimental infection with type 1 parainfluenza virus and (ii) parenteral administration of ..."
2. Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion & Disease Prevention by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"Respiratory syncytial virus, influenza virus, and parainfluenza virus type 3 are the most common causes of the most common illness in young children. ..."
3. Air Quality Criteria for Oxides of Nitrogenby Dennis J. Kotchmar by Dennis J. Kotchmar (1996)
"Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and parainfluenza virus are isolated in cases of bronchitis (Chanock and Parrott, 1965), but symptoms of bronchitis may ..."
4. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"... adenoviruses, parainfluenza virus types 1, 2, 3, influenza virus types A and B, and enteroviruses by tissue culture isolation procedure, enzyme-linked ..."
5. Ensuring an Infectious Disease Workforce: Education and Training Needs for by Stacey Knobler (2006)
"... is being applied to several viruses, particularly to negative stranded RNA respiratory viruses such as influenza virus, parainfluenza virus, ..."
6. Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"... parainfluenza virus, and these viruses may be responsible for the generation and release of allergic mediators from human lung cells (69). ..."