Definition of Patent of invention
1. Noun. A document granting an inventor sole rights to an invention.
Generic synonyms: Document, Papers, Written Document
Derivative terms: Patent, Patent
Patent Of Invention Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Patent Of Invention Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Patent Of Invention
Literary usage of Patent of invention
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Judicial and Statutory Definitions of Words and Phrases by West Publishing Company (1904)
"PATENT (Of Invention). See "Combination Patent"; "Foreign Patent"; "Letters Patent"; "Reissued Patent" ..."
2. Digest of Cases Determined in the Supreme Court of Canada: On Appeal from by Louis William Coutlee, Canada Supreme Court (1904)
"I junction for violation of patent of invention 1 for soldering oval cans by ... patent of invention — Combination of known devices — Novelty — A'cic ..."
3. The Ontario Reports: Containing Reports of Cases Decided in the Queen's by Ontario High Court of Justice, Ontario, High Court of Justice (1885)
"patent of invention. 1. patent of invention—35 Vic. ch. ... 26 (D), does not require delivery of a model prior to the issue of a patent of invention. ..."
4. Ramsay's Appeals Cases: With Notes and Definitions of the Civil and Criminal by Thomas Kennedy Ramsay, Charles Henry Stephens (1887)
"A patent of invention was granted to M.. who acknowledged the scientific assistance he ... The measure of damage- for infringement of a patent of invention, ..."
5. Manual of Patent Law: With an Appendix Upon the Sale of Patents by William Edgar Simonds (1874)
"The Government fee for a patent of invention for three years is 90 silver roubles or $72 gold, for five years $120 gold, ..."
6. Patent and Trade Mark Laws of the World by Berthold Singer (1911)
"patent of invention.—The subject of a patent of invention may be any discovery or improvement susceptible of being worked as an object of industry or of ..."