Definition of Pawn ticket
1. Noun. A pawnbroker's receipt for articles taken as security.
Pawn Ticket Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pawn Ticket Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pawn Ticket
pawn ticket (current term)
Literary usage of Pawn ticket
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Contract of Pawn: As it Exists at Common Law, and as Modified by the by Francis Turner (1883)
"A duplicate of the special contract pawn-ticket shall be signed by the pawner. ... The holder for the time being of a pawn-ticket shall be ..."
2. The Law Times (1877)
"Section 25 enacts that the holder, for the time being, of a pawn ticket shall be presumed to be the person entitled to redeem the pledge ; and, ..."
3. A Treatise on the Law of Mortgagesby Richard Holmes Coote, Sydney Edward Williams by Richard Holmes Coote, Sydney Edward Williams (1904)
""The holder for the time being of a pawn-ticket shall Holder of be presumed to be the person entitled to redeem the pledge, and, pawn-ticket subject to the ..."
4. A Treatise on the Law of Contractsby Joseph Chitty, John Mounteney Lely by Joseph Chitty, John Mounteney Lely (1896)
"25 the holder of the pawn-ticket is to be presumed to be the person entitled to redeem the pledge, and the pawnbroker must on payment of loan and profit, ..."
5. Suomalais-englantilainen sanakirja by Severi Alanne (1919)
"... pawn-ticket, -laina loan on a pawn (1. a pledge), ... -leikki game Of forfeits, -lippu pawn-ticket. ..."