Definition of Pediculosis capitis
1. Noun. Infestation of the scalp with lice.
Medical Definition of Pediculosis capitis
1. The presence of lice on the scalp, seen especially in children, with nits attached to hairs. Synonym: pthiriasis capitis. (05 Mar 2000)
Pediculosis Capitis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pediculosis Capitis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pediculosis Capitis
Literary usage of Pediculosis capitis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise on diseases of the skin for advanced students and practitioners by Henry Weightman Stelwagon (1916)
"pediculosis capitis Synonyms.—Phthiriasis capitis; Pediculosis ... Pediculosis capitis, or head-lousiness, due to the presence of the pe- ..."
2. A Compend of diseases of the skin by Jay Frank Schamberg (1905)
"Symptoms.—There are three varieties: 1. pediculosis capitis. 2. Pediculosis corporis. 3. Pediculosis pubis. pediculosis capitis. pediculosis capitis or ..."
3. Archives of Pediatrics edited by [Anonymus AC02689192] (1887)
"pediculosis capitis—AMYLOID DEGENERATION OF THE LIVER AND KIDNEYS AND PROBABLY OF THE SPLEEN. , A Clinical Lecture delivered at the Children's Hospital, ..."
4. Diseases of the skin and the eruptive fevers by Jay Frank Schamberg (1921)
"There are three varieties: (i) pediculosis capitis. ... pediculosis capitis is far more common in girls than in boys, and in children than in adults. ..."
5. The Principles and Practice of Dermatology: Designed for Students and by William Allen Pusey (1911)
"pediculosis capitis is a common affection. In its , forms it is, of course, rarely seen in any but the most careless indi viduals, but there are probably ..."
6. Essentials of diseases of the skin by Henry Weightman Stelwagon (1899)
"Three varieties are presented, named according to the parts involved, pediculosis capitis, pediculosis corporis, and pediculosis pubis ; the parasite in ..."