2. Noun. (petrology) allochems composed of micrite ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Peloid
1. a mud or other natural medium used as a medicinal plaster [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Peloid Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Peloid
Literary usage of Peloid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Standard-phonographic Dictionary by Andrew Jackson Graham (1890)
"I will do your, peloid'-Lay-Dee-Tay. ... I Till endeavor to be there, peloid'- Lay-En- Def-Beed her. I тШ endeavor to do it, ..."
2. Edinburgh Medical Journal (1898)
"When only the strong peloids are left, and it is not desired to flavour the soup too highly, it can be poured on" from the remainder of the peloid when ..."
3. Transactions by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1898)
"THE ENGINEER, AND THE MANUFACTURER. peloid to judge of the relative merits of the different systems of ..."