Definition of Pensacola
1. Noun. A town in extreme northwest Florida.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pensacola Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pensacola
Literary usage of Pensacola
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Descriptive Catalogue of the Documents Relating to the History of the United by Roscoe R. Hill, Archivo General de Indias (1916)
"The most important papers of the legajo are those relating to commerce. Perchet, pensacola; and Antonio Soler, pensacola. (f) Letters of Antonio Bonilla, ..."
2. Report by Florida Office of Secretary of State (1909)
"pensacola; term expires August 24, 1910. CG Murphy, pensacola; term expires March 26, 1911. WB Metcalf, pensacola; term expires May 20, 1911. ..."
3. History of the Confederate States Navy from Its Organization to the by John Thomas Scharf (1886)
"For some time previous to 1862, the Confederates at pensacola were busily engaged in removing the commissary stores, munitions of war. guns and everything ..."
4. United States Supreme Court Reports by United States Supreme Court, Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1901)
"By the 18th section of the Act of 1872 amending the charter of the pensacola and Louisville Railroad Company, it was provided that "It shall be lawful for ..."
5. A History of the People of the United States: From the Revolution to the by John Bach McMaster (1895)
"THE ENGLISH AT pensacola. Orders did not come, and when he reached Fort Jackson, in July, he did his best to provoke a quarrel with the Spanish Governor of ..."