Definition of Peptizer
1. one that peptizes [n -S] - See also: peptizes
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Peptizer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Peptizer
Literary usage of Peptizer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Outlines of Theoretical Chemistry by Frederick Hutton Getman (1918)
"... was duced by Graham to express the transformation of a gel into To-day we understand a peptizer to be a substance whic sufficiently concentrated, ..."
2. Outlines of Theoretical Chemistry by Frederick Hutton Getman (1922)
"To-day, we understand a peptizer to be a substance which, if sufficiently concentrated, is capable of effecting the solution of a solid which is insoluble ..."
3. The Mineral Industry by Richard Pennefather Rothwell (1922)
"... a few of the highly aluminous clays sulphuric acid, which usually acts as a coagulant, appears in the rôle of a peptizer in certain low concentrations. ..."
4. Fuel Oil in Industry by Stephen Osgood Andros (1920)
"these outer limits the quality of fixateur and peptizer for particular products has been very accurately determined by experience and the effects recorded ..."