Definition of Perineal artery
1. Noun. A branch of the internal pudendal artery that supplies superficial structures of the perineum.
Medical Definition of Perineal artery
Perineal Artery Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Perineal Artery Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Perineal Artery
Literary usage of Perineal artery
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1901)
"They anastomose with branches of the sciatic artery. The superficial perineal artery supplies the scrotum and muscles and integument ..."
2. Anatomy, Descriptive and Applied by Henry Gray (1913)
"They anastomose with the corresponding vessels of the opposite side, with the superior and middle hemorrhoidal, and with the perineal artery. ..."
3. A Textbook of the Diseases of Women by Henry Jacques Garrigues (1894)
"The superficial perineal artery is a longer branch. It originates a little in front of the former, runs parallel to the ischio-pubic branches, either above ..."
4. Manual of Practical Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham (1903)
"2. Anterior or internal superficial perineal nerve. 3. The long pudenda! nerve or the nerve of Soemmerring. The superficial perineal artery, a branch of the ..."