¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Pharmacotherapy
1. [n -PIES]
Medical Definition of Pharmacotherapy
1. Treatment of disease by means of drugs. See: chemotherapy. Origin: pharmaco-+ G. Therapeia, therapy (05 Mar 2000)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pharmacotherapy
Literary usage of Pharmacotherapy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Diagnostic Therapeutics: A Guide for Practitioners in Diagnosis by Aid of by Albert Abrams (1910)
"(DIAGNOSTIC pharmacotherapy.) Alteratives.—Analgesics.—Anesthetics (general and local). ... pharmacotherapy."
2. Treatment of Depression edited by Cynthia D. Mulrow (2000)
"... pharmacotherapy Despite the clear efficacy of newer antidepressants, substantial numbers of patients do not respond adequately to initial treatment. ..."
3. Health Consequences of Smoking: Nicotine Addiction a Report of the Surgeon by DIANE Publishing Company, C. Everett Koop, M.D. (1995)
"Other Pharmacologic Approaches Nonspecific pharmacotherapy—Symptomatic Treatment As reviewed in Chapters III and IV, administration and withdrawal from ..."
4. Smoking Cessation: Clinical Practice Guideline by Michael C. Fiore (1996)
"Expand hospital formularies to include effective smoking cessation pharmacotherapy such as the nicotine patch and nicotine gum. Ensure compliance with JCAHO ..."