Definition of Philip anderson
1. Noun. United States physicist who studied the electronic structure of magnetic and disordered systems (1923-).
Philip Anderson Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Philip Anderson Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Philip Anderson
Literary usage of Philip anderson
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Bombay Quarterly Review (1857)
"VIII—THE LATE REVEREND philip anderson. THE connexion of the Reverend Philip Anderson with this periodical was sufficiently well known to permit our ..."
2. Origin of Bombay by Joseph G. Da Cunha (1900)
"The earliest and best compiled of these works is the " English in Western India," Bombay, 1854, by philip anderson, " One of the Honourable Company's ..."
3. The Scottish Law Review and Reports of Cases in the Sheriff Courts of Scotland by Scotland Sheriff Courts (1885)
"... from Lybster, but residing in Fraserburgh at the date of the summons, «gainst philip anderson, fisherman, Cellardyke, for £7 17s., being the sum of his ..."
4. Handbook of the Bombay Presidency: With an Account of Bombay City by Edward B. Eastwick (1881)
"This beautiful window was erected by the congregation in memory of their Pastor, the Rev. philip anderson. Over the entrance into the Baptistery is a ..."