Definition of Philosophy department
1. Noun. The academic department responsible for teaching philosophy.
Philosophy Department Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Philosophy Department Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Philosophy Department
Literary usage of Philosophy department
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Philosophy, Humanity and Ecology: Vol. 1: Philosophy of Nature edited by J. Odera Oruka (1996)
"Juhani Pietarinen Juhani Pietarinen is a professor of Practical Philosophy, Department of Philosophy, University of Turku, Finland. ..."
2. The Never-ceasing Search by Francis Otto Schmitt (1990)
"... NJ philosophy department, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN Philosophy Department, Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA The Divinity School, University of ..."
3. The College Curriculum in the United States by Louis Franklin Snow (1907)
"Those of the second year Mathematics continued, and Natural Philosophy and Astronomy in the Natural philosophy department; and in the Moral Philosophy ..."
4. Detained in China and Tibet: A Directory of Political and Religious Prisoners by Robin Munro, Mickey Spiegel, Asia Watch Committee (U.S.) (1994)
"Pan and Sun, philosophy department students, were arrested in June, ... Zheng, a philosophy department member, was arrested hi Wuhan in July (Amnesty ..."