¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Phoniness
1. [n -ES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Phoniness Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Phoniness
Literary usage of Phoniness
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Field Hearing on "Education at a Crossroads, What Works? What's Wasted edited by Peter Hoekstra (2000)
"Young people have long seen past the phoniness of talking a good game but doing the opposite. Quality teaching is a must but so is the good role modeling ..."
2. Mexican and American Responses to the International Narcotics Threat edited by Jesse Helms (1999)
"... I hope maybe this will act as the catalyst for something real, because this Senator is just personally absolutely exasperated by the phoniness of all of ..."
3. Quantum and Fermion Differential Geometry by Robert Hermann (1977)
"... to systems theory and nonlinear waves (subjects with honest engineering ancestry and much less pretension and phoniness) something interesting pops up! ..."
4. Counselor's Manual for Relapse Prevention with Chemically Dependent Criminal by Terence T. Gorski, John M. Kelley (1999)
"It is the lack of phoniness, faking, and defensive- Respect. Respect is the ability to let another person know, through your words and actions, ..."
5. Speaking of Liberty by Llewellyn H. Rockwell (2003)
"In passing, Rothbard also exposed the phoniness of the idea of socialist revolution. He argued that socialism is neither genuinely radical nor truly ..."
6. Homage to a Broken Man: The Life of J. Heinrich Arnold by Peter Mommsen (2004)
"Its clear-eyed directness saw right into my phoniness. My wife and I looked at each other in a new way. Our lives had been brought to ..."
7. Wisdom for the Soul: Five Millennia of Prescriptions for Spiritual Healing by Larry Chang (2006)
"But his Way, as that of Everyman, leads from ignorance, delusion, folly, self-inflation and phoniness to truth and authenticity ... The point of practicing ..."