Definition of Photo op
1. Noun. An occasion that lends itself to (or is deliberately arranged for) taking photographs that provide favorable publicity for those who are photographed.
Generic synonyms: Affair, Function, Occasion, Social Function, Social Occasion
Definition of Photo op
1. Noun. a photo opportunity ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Photo Op Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Photo Op Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Photo Op
Literary usage of Photo op
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Traveler's Guide to the Galapagos Islands by Barry Boyce (2004)
"... and lava blended together in a beautiful setting; late afternoon lighting would make this an excellent photo op. Black Beach - By special arrangement, ..."
2. Adventure Guide to Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao by Lynne M. Sullivan (2002)
"If you can't make dinner, join the photo-op snorkeling tour over to Klein Bonaire ($38, or $48 with lunch). CARIBBEAN PARASAIL & WATER SPORTS Kaya Kitara 25 ..."
3. A Traveler's Guide to the Galapagos Islands by Barry Boyce (2004)
"SNAKES - (CULEBRAS) While not high on the "photo-op" list or even on the "want to see" list for most tourists, the Galapagos snakes are first of all ..."
4. Cruising the Mediterranean: A Guide to the Ports of Call by Larry H. Ludmer (2007)
"They make a nice photo op. So, too, does the even more famous Church of Pangia Paraportiani, along the waterfront not far from the harbor in an area of town ..."
5. Cancun, Cozumel and Riviera Maya Alive by Bruce Conord (2005)
"Just north of the cafe is a blowhole in the rock - great for getting wet and a fun photo op. A right turn at the cafe takes you to the entrance to the ..."
6. Energy Efficiency: Challenges and Trends for Electric Utilities (1993)
"See Otis Port, "Digital Finds Its photo op," Business Week, April 15, 1996, 71-72. Cameras that produces an 1 800 x 1200 image had a street price of $700 in ..."
7. Adventure Guide to Costa Rica by Bruce Conord (2005)
"Lots and lots of iguanas and a great photo op. Combine it with a zip through the trees on the adjacent canopy tour. If you're into bailando (dancing) the ..."
8. From the Household to the Factory: Sex Discrimination in the Guatemalan by Judith Sunderland (2002)
"... an Bulletin #7, "Monitoring News of the Persecution of Falun Dafa (Falun Gong), photo op and Press Availability," September 17, 1999; Edith M. Lederer, ..."