2. Adjective. of, relating to, or exhibiting photophobia ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Photophobic
Medical Definition of Photophobic
1. Relating to or suffering from photophobia. (05 Mar 2000)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Photophobic
Literary usage of Photophobic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Clinical Journal (1895)
"Then the eye becomes photophobic— the patient shirks the light, and very often there is marked lacrimation. If the foreign body is on the cornea, ..."
2. Epitome of Medicine (1892)
"They are rolling in epilepsy and tuberculous meningitis ; and they are photophobic in hysteria, meningitis, and cephalalgia. The pupils are dilated in ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1900)
"Yet the animals when they come to rest are found in shaded spots and, during the daytime, remain unex- posed to the light ; they are photophobic, ..."
4. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"Land planarians are rare beyond the tropics and sub-tropics, where they occur abundantly in moist regions and are photophobic in habit. ..."
5. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1887)
"This is chiefly because the eye, being in receipt of its natural stimulus all the time, does not become photophobic. and a more frequent and accurately ..."