Definition of Phrase structure
1. Noun. The grammatical arrangement of words in sentences.
Generic synonyms: Structure
Category relationships: Linguistics
Derivative terms: Syntactic, Syntactical, Syntactician
Lexicographical Neighbors of Phrase Structure
Literary usage of Phrase structure
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Final Evaluation Of The Results Of Eurotra: A Specific Programme Concerning ...by DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"This is the phrase structure of the sentence and it ca be displayed in a tree structure, or as labelled sets of brackets. pre-editing The human preparation ..."
2. Dana's Manual of Mineralogy for the Student of Elementary Mineralogy, the by James Dwight Dana, William Ebenezer Ford (1912)
"Ir by the phrase "structure of minerals" is meant their internal or molecular structure, all minerals may be included in one of two classes: (1) Crystalline ..."
3. The Romantic Composers by Daniel Gregory Mason (1906)
"simplicity, of its phrase structure. The several musical figures, or motives, of which it is composed follow each other without the least impression of ..."
4. Paragraph-writing by Joseph Villiers Denney, Fred Newton Scott (1893)
"Some writers over-work the relation-word "of," when, by a slight modification in phrase-structure, other relation- words might be used instead and the ..."