Definition of Pica pica hudsonia
1. Noun. A magpie of Rocky Mountains in North America.
Pica Pica Hudsonia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pica Pica Hudsonia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pica Pica Hudsonia
Literary usage of Pica pica hudsonia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Michigan Bird Life: A List of All the Bird Species Known to Occur in the by Walter Bradford Barrows (1912)
"Blue Jay. No. 191. DD. Head without crest, plumage mostly gray, no blue. Canada Jay. No. 192. 190. Magpie. pica pica hudsonia (Sabine). ..."
2. The Tænioid Cestodes of North American Birds by Brayton Howard Ransom (1909)
"°The typical form is confined to the Old World; the North American form is Pica pica hudsonia (Sabine). b The typical form ..."
3. The Birds of North and Middle America: A Descriptive Catalogue of the Higher by Robert Ridgway, Herbert Friedmann (1904)
"291) pica pica hudsonia (Sabine). AMERICAN MAGPIE, Similar to P. p. pica," but averaging decidedly larger; feathers of throat with setaceous shafts less ..."
4. Color Key to North American Birds: With Bibliographical Appendix by Frank Michler Chapman, Chester Albert Reed (1912)
"American Magpie (pica pica hudsonia). I. 20. Ads. Bill blach; scapulars, belly and most of inner margins of primaries white; wings glossy blue black, ..."
5. Handbook of Birds of the Western United States: Including the Great Plains by Florence Merriam Bailey (1921)
"pica pica hudsonia. American Magpie. Mainly Boreal and Tran. zones from e. Aleutians, mid. Yukon, cen. Alb., s. Sask., and Lake Winnipeg s. ..."