Definition of Pineapple weed
1. Noun. Annual aromatic weed of Pacific coastal areas (United States and northeastern Asia) having bristle-pointed leaves and rayless yellow flowers.
Geographical relationships: America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Group relationships: Genus Matricaria, Matricaria
Generic synonyms: Herb, Herbaceous Plant
Pineapple Weed Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pineapple Weed Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pineapple Weed
Literary usage of Pineapple weed
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Gray's New Manual of Botany: A Handbook of the Flowering Plants and Ferns of by Asa Gray, Benjamin Lincoln Robinson, Merritt Lyndon Fernald (1908)
"(PINEAPPLE-WEED.) Low; leaves 2-3-pinnately-parted into short linear lobes; heads rayless, short-peduncled; bracts oval, with broad margins, much shorter ..."
2. Rhodora by New England Botanical Club (1907)
"Mr. FG Floyd has also a station for this peculiar-smelling "pineapple weed" in West Roxbury. Solidago sempervirens, L. Abundant in an open grassy swamp in ..."
3. Flora of the Rocky Mountains and Adjacent Plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming by Per Axel Rydberg (1917)
"CHAMOMILE, PINEAPPLE-WEED, GREEN DOG-FENNEL. Mostly annual glabrous herbs. Leaves alternate, once to thrice pinnatifid into narrow divisions. ..."
4. Sessional Papers by Ontario Legislative Assembly (1911)
"... and it was therefore a surprise to have it sent in for identification from Drumbo, Oxford County, where pineapple weed (Matricaria suaveolens). ..."
5. Weeds of the Farm and Garden by Louis Hermann Pammel (1911)
"In the interior basin, awned brome grass, conium, wild barley, peppermint, caraway, horehound (Marrubium vulgare), pineapple weed and black medic are among ..."