Definition of Ping-pong ball
1. Noun. Light hollow ball used in playing table tennis.
Ping-pong Ball Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ping-pong Ball Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ping-pong Ball
Literary usage of Ping-pong ball
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. How to Do Science Experiments with Children by Joan Bentley (2003)
"Question: What will happen to a Ping-Pong ball resting on the nozzle of a hair ... A Ping-Pong ball placed in the column of air will be continually pushed ..."
2. Mathematical Statistics and Applications: Festschrift for Constance Van Eeden by Constance van Eeden, Marc Moore, Sorana Froda, Christian Léger (2003)
""Paint one ping-pong ball red, another blue; put them in closed boxes and send ... This is what Reinhard Werner calls the ping-pong ball test: to judge any ..."
3. The Modern Revolution in Physics by Benjamin Crowell (2003)
"The basic idea can be demonstrated by dropping a ping- pong ball and a baseball stacked on top of each other like a snowman. They separate slightly in ..."
4. Celebrate Life: A Guide for Planning All Night Alcohol & Drug-Free edited by Sharon Murphy (1992)
"Player gets three tries to throw ping pong ball into a bowl from approximately 12 feet. (Game is harder than it seems as balls tend to bounce off edge of ..."
5. Newtonian Physics by Benjamin Crowell (2003)
"Equipment: ping-pong balls and paddles two-meter sticks You have probably bounced a ping pong ball straight up and down in the ait. ..."