Definition of Pipe cutter
1. Noun. A hand tool for cutting pipe.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pipe Cutter
Literary usage of Pipe cutter
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Wrought-pipe Drainage Systems by John Joseph Cosgrove (1909)
"4 Three-Wheel pipe cutter around work at the bench, the wheel-and-roller type is best fitted. It is stronger, will wear longer and cut truer under the rough ..."
2. Deep Well Drilling: The Principles and Practices of Deep Well Drilling, and by Walter Henry Jeffery (1921)
"1 Barnes pipe cutter. 1 No. 2 Barnes pipe cutter. 1 No. 3 Barnes pipe cutter. 1 No. 4 Barnes pipe cutter. 2 Extra Cutter Wheels for each pipe cutter. ..."
3. Modern Mechanism: Exhibiting the Latest Progress in Machines, Motors, and by D. Appleton and Company (1892)
"pipe cutter. to be moved from their place while cutting off the pipo, as they expand ... pipe cutter. producing a rolling launders' One-wheel pipe cutter is ..."
4. Audels Engineers and Mechanics Guide by Frank Duncan Graham (1921)
"This may be done with a hack saw or a pipe cutter, the pipe in either case being put in ... Appearance of pipe end when cut by pipe cutter, and by hacksaw. ..."
5. Proceedings of the Natural Gas Association of America by Natural Gas Association of America, Meeting (1921)
"S8 METHOD OF REPAIRING pipe cutter WM. MCMILLAN, IROQUOIS NATURAL GAS Co., BUFFALO, ... pipe cutter occurs in the hook just back of the wheel pins. ..."
6. I.C.S. Reference Library: A Series of Textbooks Prepared for the Students of by International Correspondence Schools (1905)
"(5) Briefly describe the process of cutting wrought-iron pipe by means of a hand pipe cutter. (6) State how the burr that is formed in the end of pipe while ..."
7. Modern Mechanism: Exhibiting the Latest Progress in Machines, Motors, and by D. Appleton and Company (1892)
"Saunders' Three-wheel and Roller pipe cutter is shown in Fig. 8. It will cut off pipe without revolving the entire circle of the pipe, thus enabling workmen ..."