Definition of Polemizes
1. polemize [v] - See also: polemize
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Polemizes Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Polemizes
Literary usage of Polemizes
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1911)
"He also polemizes sharply against the Presbyterian clergy, whom he compares with Romanist priests in point of bigotry and intolerance. ..."
2. The American Journal of Psychology by Granville Stanley Hall, Edward Bradford Titchener (1901)
"... known theory that the first traceable form of religion was high and was lowered in the process of evolution. He still polemizes in the forty-five pages ..."
3. Philosophical Essays Presented to John Watson by John Watson (1922)
"It is Mr. Bosanquet who polemizes with the greatest vigour against the idea of the historical process as capable of revealing to us any ultimate truth or ..."
4. General Principles of the Philosophy of Nature: With an Outline of Some of by John Bernhard Stallo (1848)
"Hegel polemizes against the mechanical theories of cosmic movements, and spurns the doctrine of extrinsic attractive and repulsive forces, ..."
5. Princeton Theological Review by Princeton Theological Seminary (1914)
"Although Paul in i Cor. xv., 45 ff. polemizes against the idea so far as the priority in sequence of the heavenly man with regard to the earthly man is ..."
6. History of German Theology in the Nineteenth Century by Frédéric Auguste Lichtenberger (1889)
"He polemizes without hesitation against the idea of an infallible canon, which, moreover, is contradicted by the history of the very formation of this ..."
7. The Science of Ethics as Based on the Science of Knowledge by Johann Gottlieb Fichte (1897)
"In short—and these are his chief rules — he neither proves nor polemizes; for he presupposes the articles of ..."