2. Verb. (present participle of politick) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Politicking
1. politick [v] - See also: politick
Lexicographical Neighbors of Politicking
Literary usage of Politicking
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Preventing Law Enforcement Stress: The Organization's Role by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
""There Isn't Much politicking Around Here* At good workplaces, employees are not interested in or concerned about others politicking or "backstabbing"; ..."
2. The Moldovans: Romania, Russia, and the Politics of Culture by Charles King (2000)
""As far as politicking is concerned, ... we have had excellent training. We know it not only theoretically, but practically as well. ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"Much high-level medical and racial politicking has been generated by this attempt; the Indians are delighted, as are the Afrikaner whites who run the Indian ..."
4. Adolescence: Its Psychology and Its Relations to Physiology, Anthropology by Granville Stanley Hall (1904)
"Many tribes, like many animals, are still fat and sleek in the fall and lean in the spring, and alternate at every season between feasting, politicking, ..."
5. Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow (2003)
"She was going to spend the next couple days quietly politicking among the rest of the ad-hoc, getting some support for the idea, and she didn't want the ..."