Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pollinizer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pollinizer
Literary usage of Pollinizer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Commercial Apple Industry of North America by John Clifford Folger, Samuel Mable Thomson (1921)
"ESSENTIALS POR A GOOD pollinizer The following points should be considered in selecting varieties for pollination: (1) Not more than one row in six is ..."
2. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1917)
"The variety used as a pollinizer does not affect the shape, color, ... It is preferable to plant an early- blooming pollinizer on one side of the rows of ..."
3. Horticulture for Schools by Arnold Valentine Stubenrauch, Milo Nelson Wood, Charles Junius Booth (1922)
"Requisites of good pollinizer.—In choosing trees for pollinating any variety, several requisites of good ..."
4. Strawberry-growing by Stevenson Whitcomb Fletcher (1917)
"The pollinizer should be, first of all, a valuable commercial variety. ... The pollinizer should produce an abundant supply of pollen, even under trying ..."
5. Bulletin by University of Delaware Agricultural Experiment Station (1897)
"... as a matter of fact, most of our common varieties produce an abundance of pollen. The number of trees of the pollinizer would also depend largely 85. ..."
6. Annual Report (1901)
"SELECTING THE pollinizer. Let us suppose that we intend to plant a large block of an uncertain variety, as Kieffer, because it has distinct merit as a ..."
7. Annual Report (1893)
"Thus, the Newman is a good pollinizer for the Wild Goose, ... In some of the western States, Forest Garden is considered to be a good pollinizer for Miner. ..."