Definition of Polluters
1. Noun. (plural of polluter) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Polluters
1. polluter [n] - See also: polluter
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Polluters Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Polluters
Literary usage of Polluters
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Evaluating Economic Instruments for Environmental Policy by Stephen Smith, Hans B. Vos (1997)
"polluters with high abatement costs will be required to undertake as much ... Market mechanisms have the attraction that they may induce polluters to choose ..."
2. Environmental Performance Reviews by Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe. Committee on Environmental Policy (2001)
"Concerning judicial procedures, courts have traditionally played a minor role in action against polluters in Austria. The main reasons are: i) a significant ..."
3. The Complete Works of Flavius Josephus: The Celebrated Jewish Historian ...by Flavius Josephus, William Whiston by Flavius Josephus, William Whiston (1901)
"... ami to purge the temple of these bloody polluters of it Tlic beet esteemed also of the high priests, Jesus the •ou of ..."
4. The Chemical Trade Journal and Oil, Paint and Colour Review (1892)
"RIVER POLLUTION AND polluters. Yol, X. It is not now far short of six months since it was determined to form a joint committee to take steps to prevent the ..."
5. Environment in the Transition to a Market Economy: Progress in Central and by Anthony Zamparutti, Centre for Co-operation with Non-members (1999)
"They can endanger the development of a clear, consistent rule of law establishing basic environmental requirements for polluters and undermine any ..."
6. Bmdo Technologies 1998 edited by Barry Leonard (1999)
"Smog Dog Identifies Air polluters Driving Down the Road Environmental Applications Air pollution is big business but for the wrong reasons— it makes us sick ..."
7. Voluntary Approaches for Environmental Policy: Effectiveness, Efficiency and by Nils Axel Braathen (2003)
"... type of pollution.1 Equalisation of marginal abatement costs can be achieved by providing all polluters the same incentive at the margin to abate, ..."