Definition of Polyarteritis nodosa
1. Noun. A progressive disease of connective tissue that is characterized by nodules along arteries; nodules may block the artery and result in inadequate circulation to the particular area.
Medical Definition of Polyarteritis nodosa
Polyarteritis Nodosa Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Polyarteritis Nodosa Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Polyarteritis Nodosa
Literary usage of Polyarteritis nodosa
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Digestive Diseases of the U. S.: Epidemiology and Impact edited by James E. Everhart (1994)
"... and Capillaries (440-448) 446 polyarteritis nodosa and allied conditions 446.0 polyarteritis nodosa Diseases of Veins and Lymphatics and Other Diseases ..."
2. The Oxford Medicineby Henry Asbury Christian, James Mackenzie by Henry Asbury Christian, James Mackenzie (1920)
"PERIARTERITIS NODOSA; polyarteritis nodosa Periarteritis nodosa is an acute inflammatory disease of the small muscular arteries of the body. ..."
3. Mammalian Models for Research on Aging by Bennett J. Cohen, Institute Of Laboratory Animal Resources, National Research Council Staff (1981)
"polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is an inflammatory lesion of muscular arteries, principally in the pancreas, mesentery, and testicle. Inflammation may be acute ..."
4. The Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics (1888)
"Inflammatory changes in the ovaries are absent except in one case of polyarteritis nodosa. The utero- ovarian vessels in the hilar area of the ovaries are ..."
5. Surgery, Its Principles and Practice by William Williams Keen (1909)
"... by the name of polyarteritis nodosa, in which small aneurisms are strung like the beads of a rosary on the mesenteric or other splanchnic arteries. ..."